Zanzibar

Zanzibar
click on the picture...

Wednesday 30 June 2010

Best zoom lens...?











We went to Vejer de la Frontera for Easter. As we were going for four days it was hand baggage only. It meant I had to cut down on camera gear. I took my Nikon D700, an old Nikon 28mm f2.8 lens and my Zeiss 85mm f1.4. A couple of batteries and some memory cards and I was ready.

Vejer is a hilltop ‘Pueblo Blanco’ from which you can see Morocco on a clear day. The streets were buzzing with Easter celebrations - religious processions every night culminated in a bull run. It may not be as grand as the madness of Pamplona but it matters to the good citizens of this edgy and beautiful town.

I was regretting not bringing my 24-70 mm f2.8 zoom within minutes of driving in. My Zeiss 85mm is a sharp and great lens to use particularly in low light. But it’s unforgiving, technique has to be right to get the best out of it.

So the 28mm spent more time on the camera and I walked to get close.

Can’t remember who said it first but it's true - the best zoom lens is your legs…

No comments:

Post a Comment